Thursday, April 26, 2007

Thanks

Thanks for all your suggestions. I decided to rip and try the jaywalkers. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Heidi, STR is Socks That Rock from Blue Moon Fibers. It's one of my favorite yarns, though it's thicker than others (like Lorna Laces), so you have to pick carefully.

I actually cast on for the smallest JayWalker size on size 2.0 mm needles (smaller needles than the pattern calls for). The cuff seems big, but then again I know that the cuff shrinks as you knit further down the sock. So, I'm going to continue and see how they turn out. I knit a pair of jaywalkers for my mom using Schaeffer (sp?) yarn, and they were slightly too small for me. So, maybe the thicker STR yarn and resulting slightly larger sock will work.

I'm actually posting from work! I think I'm easing into the job and feeling more comfortable taking a minute or two to do some personal things.

As an aside, we're on a really tight project and had the vendor in town for 3 days. So, I had a series of really long days and no personal time. Now that they're gone, I'm feeling more relaxed (and now have spring fever in the worst way, which is really bad when you're on a behind-schedule project).

Glad to be (somewhat) back!!

1 comment:

Amy Lane said...

If the jaywalkers are still too big, try reducing the number of stitches between the increases and decreases again... (glad you're back:-)