Thursday, October 19, 2006

48 Useless Things

48 Things You Could Care Less About

1. FIRST NAME? Rae

2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Rae is my middle name, named for my beloved MawMaw (Marcella Rae), the very one who taught me to knit (backwards purling, I might add, which took me over 20 years to discover)

3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Hm, I can't remember. I cried last weekend while watching a movie. Horrible, gut-wrenching, awful ending. Not a "wow that's so dreamy" weepy but a "holy shit how can we live life when things like this happen" sobb.

4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Used to. It's really horrible now. I type much cleaner and faster than a write. The doctor's signature that's a single line? Mine. No, I'm not a doctor, but that's my signature.

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Bacon. Not a lunchmeat, you say? In my book it is.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Maybe. I'm grouchy and generally surly. I don't know how my husband and child stand me.

7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Used to have a wretched teenage journal in those days. Then I switched to a more fun daily log using a calendar book. Now it's the blog.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yup.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Holy smokes YES!

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Barabara's ... um, what's the name? It's like UNfrosted mini shredded wheat but better.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Nope. And I rarely untie them to put them on.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Not anymore. I used to be, but now I'm a mom and have no muscle mass. Just fat mass.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Ice cream is only a so-so dessert for me. Maybe butter pecan since it's usually not light or lite or diet and now I always go for the diet stuff. Usually. Sometimes. Well, OK, rarely.

14. SHOE SIZE? A friggin 7.5, which means unless I get there first, my size is almost always GONE and only the really ugly shoes go on sale because they're all that's left.

5. RED OR PINK? Neither. Neither rock my boat.

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? OCD and perfectionism.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Hm. My dear friend Tom who keeps disappearing. The last time he disappeared I tracked him down through the driver's license bureau. He was glad I found him (I'm not a stalker), but he was pissed they gave his info and has since had it blocked. Fucker. Now he's disappeared again so I have to call his ex wife to find him, and I'm pissed he disappeared and htinking of not trying to find him at all. But he's one of my dearest and oldest childhood friends, someone I trust implicitly.

18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Sure.

19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? I'm pantless. Brown skirt (we're having a bit of warm weather now), white T, sandals.

20. LAST THING YOU ATE? A really yummy turkey sandwich on whole wheat with vegan mayonaise (it's really good on bread; can't tell it's different from the real stuff), lettuce, tomato, and avocado. Delicious.

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? "It's a Gas" by The Wedding Present from Watusi (it's old 80s/early 90s stuff)

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? army green. I don't like fatigues per se, but I like army green

23. FAVORITE SMELL? bread dough

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My coworker.

25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Body build and demeanor.

26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON you stole THIS from? Yup. Even met her in person!

27. FAVORITE DRINK? That's a hard one. Water when I'm thirsty. Diet Coke when I'm craving sweets. Coffee first thing in the morning. Any myriad of alcoholic drinks at 5:30 PM.

28. FAVORITE SPORT? Hm, dunno. I like tennis. I like baseball. But I don't follow anything to speak of.

29. EYE COLOR? Hazel

30. HAT SIZE? Normal? Is there a normal? I make hats for myself and just guess at the size, and most of the time they come out. Smallish to normal, I guess.

31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Yup. For 13 years now.

32. FAVORITE FOOD? That's hard. I love food. Cheese, maybe. Can't live without yogurt everyday. Eggs. LUV eggs. Bacon. Sausage (the pattie kind).

33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Scary. I hate happy ending movies. hate hate hate them and only withstand them during the holidays when I'm stuck with the 'rents and have to find something to entertain and please the crowd. But overall, happy ending movies just don't do it for me.

35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer. I grew up in central Florida without airconditioning for awhile. Love summer. Love it love it love it.

36. HUGS OR KISSES? Love hugs. Kisses, yes, for certain folks. But hugs definitely.

37. FAVORITE DESSERT? Dark chocolate, usually.

38. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Probably very few, if any.

39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Mom

40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? How to knit a sock on two circular needles. Seriously.

41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE Pad? Don't use a mouse pad.

42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? Didn't watch TV last night. I'm way out of it right now. Can't seem to find anything I like, and the HGTV, Food Network, and TLC shows mostly seem like National Enquirer quality TV and I'm over it.

43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Silence. I absolutely love pure silence.

44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? Oh my god, fucking neither.

45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Not far - CA.

46. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? Being a grumpus. Just ask DH. I'm really really good at that.

47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Isn't that a security question now a-days? Florida

48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Ripped from Cara

1 comment:

Amy Lane said...

I'm responding... (my students are agaonizing through a timed writing right now and if I were correcting papers I wouldn't be able to stay awake...) Should I do one of these? (Love the F-bombs, darling...you do them with style! I'm a big fan of the well placed F-bomb myself--but you know that!!!) ANyway, does that count as a response? (Rolling Stones or Beatles? BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN! Oh...that's probably only me...)