Tuesday, May 02, 2006

a brief update

In celebration of May 2, I'm posting this picture: a closeup of my favorite halter top. It's a lovely new spring green with a poke of blue flowers here and there. It was a bit chilly this weekend when I wore it, but I didn't care. I was happy to bring it to the light of the new spring day.


My current knitting thoughts are around the modifications of the Companion Cami. I've done the waist and bust shaping and am now knitting straight until the V-neck & V-arm shaping. The last cami was too long, although I like where the underarms hit. So, my plan is to don the finished cami and measure from the underarm to the point where I want the tank to hit. Then, on the new cami I'm knitting, I'll measure from the bottom up to the point where the arm should start. I just have to recruit DH to help with that.

I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing here, but it seems to make sense in my head at least. I still have to deal with the size around, but that seems much harder to figure out (and a little late given how far I am already). I did fewer increases for the bust than the pattern called for, so we'll see how that works out.

To be continued . . .
PS - thank you Heather for this pattern! I love it - looks just like my spring green halter. It's in my que for an in-season knit.

No comments: