Thursday, May 04, 2006

In the throes

This is cut up green pepper, by the way, in case you couldn't tell.

I'm the throes of redesigning the neck shaping for the Honeymoon Companion. I really like the seed st border I put on it, but I didn't get it into a pretty V shape at the bottom. I need to rip about 6 rows before the decreases, begin the V seed border, and then start the decreases a few rows up. No pics to show - this all came about on the train this morning.

The thing that's stumping me is that I LIKE the way the decrease edge looks along the V. However, at the bottom point of the V, I won't be doing any decreases yet, so I don't know how to work in that pretty stitch. I could M1 then decrease, but I think the M1 would show up. I'd only need to M1 until I need the actual shaping to start.

I'll have to find some time to really sit down and study this. I've also made so many modifications that my pattern copy looks like DD scribbled all over it. I need to redo it.

Off to a meeting!

No comments: