Wednesday, April 12, 2006

There is hope! (if blogger cooperates)

Eureka! I learned so much last night in my second knitting class, not the least of which is I'm purling backwards. I wrap the yarn around the purl stitch clockwise instead of counter-clockwise. I wrap the yarn around the knit stitch correctly, counter-clockwise. The combination of the two in St st results in a twisted stitch. No wonder my BOs are not so pretty (at least that's what I'm blaming it on for now). I don't know if you can see it in these two pics, but it's noticable in person.




I also had a terrific compliment from the instructor, Cathy. She said I had "great technique" and "beautiful knitting." I don't think it can get any better than that. Nice nice nice!

Despite my new-found discovery, I'm going to finish the honeymoon cami as is. I can't bear to frog it again, and I don't think the prissy yarn will hold up to another rip and reknit. I did buy new yarn last night to knit another cami, one that's more casual for shorts, etc. I also plan to put a seed stitch border instead of the twisted rib stitch. New yarn specs:

Elsebeth Lavold Cotton Patine
100% Combed Cotton
Color 05 (plum)

No comments: