Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Onward!

I can't let that last post be *the* post staring me (and you) in the face for however long until my next post.

Today I ripped and re-cast for my very own pair of socks, knit with socks-that-rock no less. It's my own hybrid pattern, cobbled together from different places. I'm a bit nervous because, well, I've only knit 3 pairs of socks total! But, I figure I can pull various pieces from basic patterns and come out with a decent pair. I posted before, but I only have one hank (purchased before I knit a single pair of socks). I don't have enough for a nice, luvely pair that's half-calf. So, these will be anklets.

I have a picot edge, with the tips covering 2 st. So, I then have a 2x2 rib corresponding with the picot edges. From there I'll switch to St st. I'm hoping the rib will be enough to hold the sock up. This yarn is so beautiful that I want a plain st to show it off. Again, it's an experiment, and I'm way excited.

Also, on other exciting news (to me at least, since I'm a narcissist), I think the recent physical events have prompted me to be a little more introspective. I'm actually YEARNING to read. That's a long-forgotten feeling. I've devoured some books recently. Most are child-rearing books I read in just a few days. Another one I read in a few hours -- a 200 page book in a few hours (it was an easy read, and I loved it; wish I could remember the author and title). Anyway, I listed 5 books today that I want to read. Some fiction, some non-fiction. I see this as a good sign. Balance. Since DD I've abandoned books. Time to get some of "me" back (other than knitting).

No comments: